To ensure efficacy, safety and quality of Drugs & Cosmetics and to ensure availability of such Drugs and Cosmetics to consumers at reasonable price.
Class of Drugs Regulated.
- Modern(Allopathic) Drugs.
- Ayurvedic Drugs.
- Homoeopathic Drugs.
- Unani and Siddha Medicines.
- Blood, Blood component and Blood products.
- Medical Devices.
Act Enforced and Implemented
- The Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940 and the Drugs & Cosmetics Rule 1945.
- The Drugs and Magic Remedies(Objectionable Advertisement) Act 1954 and Rules 1955.
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances Act 1985.
- The Drugs Price Control Order 2013.